I love roasted ribs, and those Korean Galbi are delicious. Koreans use an extremely aromatic marinade for meat . Garlic, ginger and onions smell unbelievably. The marinade gets its spice thanks to the hot gochujang paste. You can buy it only on the Internet, or in stores with oriental food. If you do not have it, you can skip it. You can find the original recipe here:
This site has a lot more great Korean recipes.
-2 kg of pork ribs (about 4 ½ pounds)
-1/2 teaspoon of fresh grated ginger
-2 small onions
-1/2 cup of gochujang paste (in the original there was a whole cup)
-4 cloves of garlic
-4 teaspoons of sugar (can be replaced with honey)
-3 tablespoons of soy sauce
-3 teaspoons of sesame oil (you can replace with other vegetable oil)
-1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
-2 tablespoons of loose gochugaru paprika (if you do not have Korean peppers, you can use another hot pepper powder)
1. Wash the ribs, cut them into smaller parts and leave them for a while in cold water (about 15 minuts).
2. Grate onions, garlic and ginger. Make a paste. I put everything in the little blender.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients to the paste and mix the marinade thoroughly.
4. Drain the ribs, dry with a paper towel and mix with the marinade. Set aside for a few hours (around 3-5) and preferably overnight.
5. Place the ribs on a baking tray and bake at 180 C (350 F) for about 1 h 45 minutes, until the meat is very soft and will fall off the bone. For the first 30 minutes, bake the ribs under the cover (aluminum foil or baking paper). When baking, it is good to turn the ribs a few times to make them evenly baked.
These looks delicious! I looove ribs and this looks easy enought! Thanks!
these look absolutely divine! I am drooling all over my keyboard trying to stop salivating.
These look AMAZING !!!!!
These look amazing! We have a great Korean place near our home, but I’ve never dared to cook it at home. I may have to go outside my comfort zone! YU!M
You have to try!